- These terms and conditions govern your use of this service doodlemaths.com and all EZ Education Limited mobile apps (the “service”, the “Services”).
- For as long as the Company continues to offer the Services, it shall provide and seek to update, improve and expand the Services. As a result, the Company allows you to access the service as it may exist and be available on any day and it has no other obligations, except as expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions. The Company may modify, replace, refuse access to, suspend or discontinue the service, partially or entirely, or change and modify prices for all or part of the Services in our sole discretion. All of these changes shall be effective upon their posting on our site or by direct communication to you unless otherwise noted. Your use of the Services following such posting or communication constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement as modified.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between any of the parties, constitute any party the agent of another party, nor authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of any other party.
Your use of this service
- You must not use this service for anything that is unlawful or is prohibited by these Terms and Conditions and/or any notices elsewhere on this service.
- The Company advises that you seek professional advice before relying on any information on this service. Under no circumstances will the Company be liable in any way for any information it provides on the service or through the Services, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content and information, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video or other material (also known as “Content”), or any loss or damage of any kind incurred in connection with use of or exposure to any Content posted, emailed, accessed, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Services.
- When using this service, you must NOT do any of the following:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, offensive or unlawful material or information;
- impersonate any person or entity, including without limitation any employee or representative of Company;
- decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to obtain the source code of the Services;
- You represent and warrant to the Company that you are of legal age to form a binding contract or have your parent’s permission to do so. You also certify that you are legally permitted to use and access the Services and take full responsibility for the selection and use of and access to the Services. This agreement is void where prohibited by law, and the right to access the Services is revoked in such jurisdictions.
- If you are registering with the Service as a school entity or similar, you represent that you have the authority to legally bind that entity. The school is and shall remain the data controller of the Customer Data it uploads or provides as part of the Service. EZ Education will implement appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised or unlawful processing of Customer Data and against accidental loss or destruction of or damage to Customer Data.
- If you link to the service, the Company may revoke your right to so link at any time, at the Company’s sole discretion. The Company reserves the right to require prior written consent before linking to the service. Individuals using the same account across multiple services and linking to a school agree to the sharing of data across those services for the purposes of user convenience.
- You will indemnify and hold the Company, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, and employees harmless (including, without limitation, from all damages, liabilities, settlements, costs and attorneys’ fees) from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of your access to the Services, use of the Services, your violation of these Terms and Conditions, or the infringement by you or any third party using your account of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
- You will need to register to become a member of this service (“Member”) if you wish to access the Services via this service.
- You must provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when completing the registration form. You must maintain and update this information and keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If any information provided by you is not true, accurate, current and complete, the Company has the right to cancel your membership and refuse any and all current or future use of this service.
- Registration requires a valid email address (which will serve as your user name) and unique password. Avoid choosing obvious words or dates such as a nickname or your birth date. Please use maximum caution to keep your user name and password confidential and log-off from the service when your session is complete to prevent unauthorised access to your information. If your user name or password is subject to unauthorised access, you should immediately inform the Company.
- Any unauthorised use of your login details must be reported to us as soon as you are aware of such use and the Company will, as soon as reasonably possible, cancel your user name and/or password and issues new ones to you.
- The Company may, for security or other reasons, require you to change your user name and/ or password or other information which facilitates access to this service or its Services.
- The Company reserves the right to cancel your username and password without notice if the Company becomes aware of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
- Once the Company has sent you a confirmation e-mail you will become a Member and will be able to access the Services available via the service. You may cancel your membership at any time, see “Termination” below for details.
Charges and Payments
- Charges are linked to the membership package to which you subscribe, as set out in https://www.doodlemaths.com/pricing-plans-schools/ and https://www.doodlemaths.com/pricing-plans-home-users/.
- You will be charged in advance of your payment period until your membership is cancelled (for cancellation details see “Termination” below) together with additional transaction based charges. Charges are expressed in GBP. Your membership period begins on the date on which you register for the Services and finishes on the day before that calendar date the following period.
- Payment for all charges is payable upon registration or the relevant periodic payment date. You can pay membership fees by any credit card. Your payment details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure – storage of encrypted credit cards will be handled by our PCI level 1 compliant payment service provider Stripe.com. The Company will only be able to see the last 4 digits of the card number, the card type and the expiry date. At the time of registration, you will be asked to provide credit card details. In the event that the Company is unable at any time to obtain payment of any charges using such credit card details, the Company may freeze your account until it has received settlement in full.
- A home-user monthly membership package starts with a 7-day free trial. The Company reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to determine your eligibility for a free trial, and to withdraw or to modify a free trial at any time without prior notice and without liability.
- Lifetime subscriptions apply only for the named child and the app they are purchased for.
- The home-user Premium plan costs £4.99 per month or £44.99 per year (per child). You will get 7 days free when you set up a monthly subscription. If you purchase a subscription before the 7 days is up, any unused portion of the free trial will be forfeited. Your subscription will auto-renew unless cancelled by the user via the payment provider (Stripe via our Parent Dashboard or directly via app provider, giving at least 24 hours notice).
- The School Premium plan costs £15.99 per class per month, £179.00 per class per year, or £5 per child per year when the package is bought for the school as a whole. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. The Company will notify the School six weeks and two weeks prior to any annual subscription being auto-renewed.
- It’s fine to change your mind: if, in the first 7 days of your subscription you decide it is not for you then you may cancel your monthly subscriptions with no charge. In the case of annual or lifetime subscriptions, please contact us within 7 days for a full refund. In exceptional circumstances we can offer a partial refund for an annual subscription. This is at our sole discretion and subject to a £10 administration charge.
Dealings with Third Parties
- The Company is not an agent of any third party or any party named or linked to this service (“Third Parties”) and does not have any authority to act for such Third Parties. The Company does not control or endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such Third Parties.
- You agree that (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) the Company (and our officers, directors and employees) shall have no liability to you in relation to any dispute which you may have with a Third Party, without limitation one or more of your customers, and/or any other users of this service.
- You acknowledge and agree that all Content provided on the service or through the Services, contained in sponsor advertisements or, presented to you by the Company, its partners or advertisers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and except as expressly permitted herein, shall not use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purposes whatsoever any Content or third party submissions or other proprietary rights not owned by you: (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are permitted to use the Content for your personal use (and other items displayed on the service ), provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. You shall not store any significant Content in any form.
- Without prejudice to any remedy that the Company may have against you, the Company may terminate or suspend with immediate effect and without notice your access to and use of this service and your membership if:
- It does not receive timely payment under your subscription;
- It reasonably believes that you have breached any of these Terms and Conditions;
- It is unable to verify the accuracy or validity of any information provided by you;
- Or it suspects fraudulent, abusive or illegal activity by you.
- Should you object to any of these Terms and Conditions, or any subsequent changes to them, or become dissatisfied with this service in any way, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue to access or use this service.
- You may cancel your membership at any time via 1) through your device’s app store, if purchased via an app store or 2) by email request to hello[AT]doodlemaths.co.uk from your registered email, if purchased directly through the DoodleMaths website – in this case cancellation will only take place when we respond by email confirming cancellation. Cancellation will take effect from the next payment period and you will not be entitled to a refund for any membership fee already paid.
- You may change subscription plan at any time by contacting us. You will not be entitled to a refund for any periodic fee already paid in advance.
Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- The Company has no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that the Company has no control over, and no duty to take any action regarding: which users gain access to the Services; what Content you access via the Services; what effects the Content may have on you; how you may interpret or use the Content; or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content. You release Company from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. The Services may contain, or direct you to services containing, information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. THE SERVICES, CONTENT, AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY OR ITS SUPPLIERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE OR THE SERVICES OR THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (I) FOR ANY AMOUNT IN THE AGGREGATE IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF THE FEES PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH THE SERVICE DURING THE SIX-MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE APPLICABLE CLAIM; (II) FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER; (III) FOR DATA LOSS OR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; OR (IV) FOR ANY MATTER BEYOND COMPANY’S REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Amendment to these Terms and Conditions
- The Company reserves the right to amend and alter these Terms and Conditions and any Content or information contained on the service at any time. In the event these Terms and Conditions are altered the Company will post the amended Terms and Conditions on this service. Changes will apply from the date of posting.
- Whilst the Company will try to provide you with uninterrupted access to this service and its Services, The Company may need to withdraw, modify, discontinue or temporarily or permanently suspend one or more aspects of this service where the Company has a legal, technical or other good reason to do so (including technical difficulties experienced by the Company or any Internet infrastructure). However, The Company will try, wherever possible, to give reasonable notice of the Company’s intention to do so.
- The Company reserves the right to withhold, remove and or discard any Content available as part of your account, including any Content contributed by you, with or without notice if deemed by the Company to be contrary to these Terms and Conditions. The Company has no obligation to store, maintain or provide you a copy of any Content that you provide when using the Services.
- If the Company fails to exercise or enforce a right under the Terms and Conditions that failure shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, that provision shall be deemed severed and the validity and enforce-ability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected. The parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. Both parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the United Kingdom
- These Terms and Conditions set out the Company’s entire agreement and understanding with respect to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and supersedes all representations, communications and prior agreements (written or oral).
- Each party acknowledges that on entering into these Terms and Conditions, it does not rely, and has not relied, upon any representation (whether negligent or innocent), statement or warranty made or agreed to by any person (whether a party to these Terms and Conditions or not) except those expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- Unless expressly provided in the Terms and Conditions no term of them is enforceable by any person who is not a party to it.
- You must report any violations of these Terms and Conditions to hello[at]doodlemaths.co.uk.